Saturday, November 7, 2009

NaNoWriMo

It's almost a week into National Novel Writing Month - yes, it's that time of the year. I participated last year, and won with a decent 53K word count. I'm still in the midst of rewriting and editing. This year, I'm more than 10K in and right on track. I peruse the forums occasionally, though my genre, Young Adult, is populated by juvenile youngsters trying to publish their horrendous writing. It's even worse when people state "I hate Twilight", and then have a vampire YA book that they're writing. I have nothing against vamp. YA. But the type of stuff these authors are spewing is just not okay to be shared with the world.

I'm trying out two different things today, by the suggestion of Dragonchilde, the forums moderator over at NaNoWriMo.com. One is Liquid Story Binder - 30 tries free, and 50% off this month, for NaNo participants. Also trying out Dropbox, a back-up software. We'll see how it goes; I'll keep you posted.

I'll be reviewing a series next week, The Hunger Games, and its sequel, Catching Fire. That, along with Kristin Cashore's two books, Graceling and Fire, should be a shred-less event. But don't worry, more blood and gore is coming.

Look out, P.C. & Kristin Cast. I'm coming for you next.

-BookendGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment